Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Snacks on a stick? Talk about fun...





So the birthday is finally behind us!! I have hardly had a chance to even think about blogging!


But I've been doing my best to document the crafting and cooking. 
One if a biggest hits at the part were the Oreo pops, and the marshmallow pops. 
My goal was to make a treat related to each of the main characters in the show. 
The Oreo pops were foofa.   According to the theme song, Foofa is pink and happy. 
That's reaaalllly what I was going for with these oreos.
/sarcasm
It was relativity easy.  This is the first time I've really put anything on a stick, so I will admit to wish I hadn't started with something so fragile.
The tedious part came first while twisting apart each and every oreo.  I then had to use one stick to make an indent where the stick would eventually be.  After each oreo was indented (and like 3 or 4 were eaten by OH) I then put a stick in each indent and closed up each oreo.
After that, it's pretty easy to guess how it went down.  I dipped each oreo in melted pink chocolate.
Now, some people use those fancy meltables, but I find it much more innovative (aka cheaper) to use white almost bark and add about a tablespoon of shortening to thin it out nicely.  Of course, don't forget the food coloring.
I also want to mention that it's best to do a small amount of chocolate at a time.  The chocolate melts easily and cools just as easily.  After it cools, you can re-melt, but it's never quite the same.  After each dip, I threw on some sprinkles, and voila.  Awe inducing deliciousness.


UNCANNY!!!




The next character whose treat I made is Toodee.  She is some sort of arctic blue cat/dragon.  Weird. 

To make things easy, I literally just put marshmallows on sticks and drizzled blue white chocolate on top. It was by far the easier or the snacks. I think they turned it quite cute. 
I'm hoping to have the chance to post more regularly, and I'm very excited to find out who are giveaway winner will be!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment