Friday, May 10, 2013

DIY Birthday Party part 1: DIY decorated solo cups! (Yo Gabba Gabbe themed)

Those of you who follow Pinworthy on Facebook know that I promised to make and blog about a pinworthy pennant banner for DS's birthday party.

Guess what?   I lied. 


Before you get all upset, I lied because I had a brilliant new idea, and I couldn't help but make it happen.  Those of you DIYers who craft know that spontaneous genius leaves little time for planned projects.  I ended up at party city yesterday, and I happened to see some super cool SOLO cups.  The green and orange were the PERFECT color to use for this project, and the wheels started spinning...


DS's party is Yo Gabba Gabba themed.  For those of you who don't know what it is, I really don't think I could give you a justified description, but here are the stars of the show.
The stars of this project are the green guy, Brobee, and the Orange suited gentleman names DJ Lance Rock.




Here are the supplies for my Brobee SOLO cups. The idea is pretty simple. I got my paws on some dark green and red duct tape, and used my xacto knife to cut the green into strips.




After the strips were cut. I used to tape to put three stripes on each cup.



















HEY LOOK! STRIPES!




I then went to work cutting the red tape into Brobee's "crown."  After adding that on top of the strips, TADA!  Brobee SOLO cups. They are baby tested, and he knew for sure that these were Yo Gabba Gabba cups.

The next cups I made were DJ Lance Rock.  These were easy enough, because I just photoshopped printables of the Star on DJ Lance's. hat.  You can see the printables here.  I then just hot glued those puppies.  


I Had to add this picture...I love it. 


Here's the finished product



Let me know what you think!  Don't forget to share you DIY adventures with me!







1 comment:

  1. I have never seen the show, but I love the cups. So cute!
    Thank you for joining in with Lovin' The Weekend Blog Hops. I look forward to seeing your future posts.
    I am now following you in all ways except Tumblr (seeing as I really have no idea what it is).
    Have a great weekend
    Karen
    Tots and Me

    ReplyDelete